Tag Archive: Schumm Post Office

Aug 10

The Last Schumm Postmark, 1953

Last weekend was the biennial Schumm reunion. It was a very hot day but a good-sized crowd, estimated at about 200 descendants of John George Schumm, gathered on the grounds of Zion Lutheran Church for the day-long activities. It was a very good and enjoyable reunion. Yes, it was a good Schumm week. Earlier in …

Continue reading »

Sep 19

The Post Office at Schumm

Schumm: a hamlet in the south central part of the township, with post office set up by 1886. That is the description of the little village east of Willshire in a book of Ohio towns and townships that were established before 1900. [1] Schumm, named after the German family who settled the area in 1838, …

Continue reading »