I want to thank Shelley Bishop for nominating Karen’s Chatt for the One Lovely Blog Award. It is an honor to be nominated by Shelley, a very talented writer and blogger, whose blog is A Sense of Family. Thank you Shelley!
One Lovely Blog Award nominees are chosen by fellow bloggers to recognize bloggers who share information, stories, thoughts, and ideas.
When nominated a blogger should do the following:
1. Thank the person who nominated them with a link to their blog
2. Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your blog post
3. List seven things about yourself
4. Nominate at least 7 other bloggers you follow and inform them by commenting on their blog.
Here we go. Seven things about myself:
1. I don’t like spiders but I have a very hard time killing them. I usually either avoid them or shove them outside.
2. I can’t swim.
3. I started out as a math major at Bowling Green State University before transferring to Indiana University for Dental Hygiene.
4. Back in the 1960s my best friend Karen and I were folk singers. We called ourselves the 2-Ks and I played guitar while Karen Westerberg played the tambourine. We provided entrainment for local organizations and we even won a few talent contests.
5. I once led a fluoride brush-in at an elementary school somewhere in Indiana while standing in the center of a football field, leading the group with a microphone.
6. I have been our church organist since I was 13 years old but I actually prefer to play the piano.
7. I have implants. (No, not that kind! DENTAL implants.)
Below are several blogs that I regularly read and nominate for the award.
Pam Seavey Schaffner, Digging Down East
Peggy Clemens Lauritzen, Always Anxiously Engaged
Linda Woodward Geiger, Musings by Linda
Jana Sloan Broglin, Hookers, Crooks, Kooks, and More
Judy Russell, The Legal Genealogist
Michael Lacopo, Hoosier Daddy
Lorine McGinnis Schulze, Olive Tree Genealogy Blog
Amy Johnson Crow, No Story Too Small
Amy Coffin, The We Tree Genealogy Blog
Thank you to all the genealogy bloggers who educate and inform us.